Share This Page
TIPS TO HELP YOU ENJOY YOUR VISIT TO THE CONSERVANCY OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA NATURE CENTER.
In warmer weather climates, outdoor activities require a bit of precaution and preparation. In order to maintain a safe and pleasant experience for all members and visitors, we ask that the following rules be observed while visiting.
- For your health and safety, the Conservancy of Southwest Florida is a non-smoking area and no pets are permitted on the grounds.
- Please enjoy your food and beverages outdoors and in the picnic area.
- Use of sun screen, hats and bug spray is highly recommended.
- Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. You may bring your own beverage, or purchase onsite.
- Please recycle and dispose of your trash properly.
- Tours and electric boat cruises are dependent on weather, wind and tides and may be canceled for your safety. Children under age two are not permitted on boat rides.
- Scheduled Nature Center tour participants are given first boarding priority for the boats. Passenger loads are limited. Advance boat ride reservations are available to Conservancy Club members at $250 level and above. 239.403.4207.
- Plants and trees are living too. They are a source of education for visitors, and protection for the environment. Please refrain from removing leaves, limbs, plants or flowers, insects or wildlife from the Nature Center.
- Loud noises distract and scare wildlife, so please avoid yelling and shouting. Quiet is required while visiting wildlife in the nursery at the von Arx Wildlife Hospital.
- Running on nature and birding trails is unsafe and discouraged.
- Nature trails, the Dalton Discovery Center and other areas are self-guided, except for pre-scheduled field trips.
- No person shall be permitted within the Nature Center between the hours of 6:00 PM and 6:00 AM or on Sundays at any time unless attendance is required for a special event.
- All-day and overnight parking not allowed.
- Please do not feed any wildlife you may encounter.